Tuesday 22 September 2015

My Work and Moosey Gallery

Ideas for my student led seminar

LAST YEAR:

links to media and society - in particular how women are affected by them. Not necessarily feminist work, just subtle links between the two. Conformity.

I compare nature and the human body using paint and textiles.

Like using paint and textiles to add depth and texture to my work. like the way you can create layers and suggest hidden meanings and ideas.

I like my paintings to be ambiguous - focus on colours and tones. 

What intriuges me most about the human body? The skin tones, the blues and greens that usually aren't picked up. 

(all things I can talk about in my student led seminar)

What I am interested in exploring this year: 

continue with my ideas of ambiguity and texture in my work. Human body



I also visited my Studio Space today: i like the large wall space, I often work large scale so this is a good amount of space to display work. I do not require a lot of table space therefore a small square table is satisfactory. 

Another student in my group tutorial mentioned she is currently volunteering at Moosey Gallery on Bridewell Alley so I asked if she could show me round after the tutorial. They currently have a skate show on where all of the work has a relation to skate boarding. Some pieces are painted onto skate boards, others are graphic design and typography with skate boarding as the subject matter. 




This was my favourite piece from the exhibition. I like the way the skateboards are broken and used as a canvas for the bold paintings. Other artists had used an entire skateboard as a canvas however I thought this was even more exciting and clever. 



This was the entrance to the exhibition, painted by one of the artists also featuring in the exhibition. They also have painted and displayed a bench at the Playhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment