Sunday 27 September 2015

Ready for seminar

Script for Presentation: 

I feel presentations are better when they are unscripted, with maybe a few prompt cards, as it is easier to understand and engage with the speaker than when they have their head down and just reading out a script. I, however, am not confident enough yet with talking about my own work to present un-scripted. Despite this, when presenting, I do my best to look up and make eye contact, read slowly and clearly, and read in an exciting way as naturally as I can (not reading like a robot). These are things I need to focus on tomorrow, as are easily forgotten when I am nervous. 

Below is the final script for my presentation tomorrow, I like to write my notes in a way that I would actually speak to make it more understandable for the audience e.g. using less fancy words (that I would not usually use, if talking about my work without notes) and writing in an informal style (how I would usually speak, if talking about my work without notes). 



Presentation: I wanted to keep the slides simple and brief, with lots of pictures and little writing. I began my presentation with a mind map of what I think my practice is, all of my ideas and inspirations as I could not think of a word, phrase or question to really sum up my practice for the first slide. I thought this would also be a good way to introduce everyone in the audience to my work and get to know it in a broad form before I get into more detail.







When opening the presentation to screenshot the images for my Reflective Journal, I did not have the same version of Powerpoint so some of the layout was wrong. However, all of the information I gave is there, just in a slightly neater format.










No comments:

Post a Comment