Monday 28 September 2015

Individual Tutorial

My individual tutorial was with Madilana. We discussed my ideas such as poetry, society's view of the body and the politics behind the body. Such a fuss over the body and as soon as you see art about the body you have preconvieved ideas about it. I want to challenge that. One idea: see if you can completely obscure the body, remove all politics from the body. An enlgarged and huge close up image, completely change the view of it, unfarmiliar.

My main ideas at the moment are:
Ambiguity
The skin
Politics (or rather removing the politics of the body - if this is even possible)

This tutorial was moments before my seminar, therefore a few of my new ideas for this year have changed slightly. I mentioned this at the end of my seminar.

No comments:

Post a Comment