Monday 11 January 2016

Half Painting

Now that our exhibition has gone up I am going to the progress of how each piece was made and the finished result for each piece.






Our half and half painting. I chose to prime it black as I am interested in experimenting with this way of working more. I need to remember what my tutor said about my last piece which was on black - that it didn't stand out enough as the colours were too dull. So I am going to work on using bold colours on top of the black.

I was trying to get as much movement in the piece as I could. I was being very brisk with my brush strokes and not concentrating too much on little details.

This is our work so far. Mine (left) is now finished and Elle's is still in progress. However they look really good so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment