Monday 11 January 2016

Acetate

Now that our exhibition has gone up I am going to the progress of how each piece was made and the finished result for each piece.




These were some really early experimentation I did, before having the acetate so was working on cellophane.  It was really hard to work on as was very thin, but I really like the idea and the results were ok.


These are some of my finished acetate paintings. I tried to incorporate as much movement as I could. the black and white pieces were originally for my image workshop however we decided they would work really well in the exhibition.


We experimented looking at having a background for the pieces. We considered making individual A4 backings, we also considering using this experimental piece as a backdrop. But in the end though hanging them up loosely on the white wall would allow the viewer to see every brush stroke without being distracted by a busy background.



No comments:

Post a Comment