Monday 23 November 2015

Gallery Presentation

This is my finished script for my presentation that I did today. 





I feel the presentation went quite well, I feel I spoke clearly even though I was very nervous. 


The only thing I would change about my poster if I were to do this again would be paying for it to be printed slightly better quality.

I decided to use my image as the background as I feel bringing a small snippet of the work into something a viewer can take away from the exhibition is a nice feature. Makes the work memorable and like they have a piece of it. The image is quite dark all over but I chose a particularly dark piece of the work as I wanted to use white text over black. I feel this looks smart and professional and you can see direct links here between my work and my practice. I used the quote as I had come across this in my research and it really impacted me and inspired me to make this piece.

These were other students' gallery leaflets: 



I like mine as it stands out and looks professional. I deliberately didn't put many words on it as I feel making a hand out too wordy can mean people don't read it or spend too much time reading it and not listening to the presentation. I did find myself guilty of both of these things when watching the other students present. I really liked Ian's leaflet (the smallest one in the first image) as there was lots of imagery to illustrate his practice and ideas.



EDITED 09/01/16: Now that I am reaching the end of this unit, I feel this presentation does not really adhere to the rest of my practice and ideas. At the time of both this presentation and the student led seminars, my work has changed direction quite dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment