Thursday 12 November 2015

Collaborative exhbition ideas

After having a look around the studio spaces I was particularly drawn to Elle's work as she was looking at the human body and ways to distort it. My works jumps between the body and portraiture, but distortion is always a common theme. I am also interested in the idea of Aesthetics and Anti-Aesthetics, and Elle is looking at The Sublime. So I feel our work could link quite well together. I am really interested in doing a collaborative exhibition as I feel this will help develop my own work, giving me new ideas and experiences, as well as preparing me for future situations, where I may have to put on group exhibitions. I had only briefly met Elle before while working together in Year 1, in a group of 8 people, so thought collaborating with someone I was not very familiar with would also be a good learning experience as I will have to meet and work with new people in the future, whether that be in a job or for an exhibition.

I messaged Elle just explaining what my work was about and how I felt both of our ideas linked. And also expressed my interest in working collaboratively. She seemed very keen so we decided to plan a time to meet up and discuss this idea further.

No comments:

Post a Comment